Apr 2, 2008

Texas Pride

In my email: _________ A Japanese doctor said, "Medicine in my country is so advanced that we can take a kidney out of one man ,put it in another, and have him looking for work in six weeks." A German doctor said, That's nothing, we can take a lung out of one person , put it in another, and have him looking for work in four weeks." A British doctor said, "In my country, medicine is so advanced that we can take half of a heart out of one person, put it in another, and have them both looking for work in two weeks." A Texas doctor, not to be outdone said, "You guys are way behind. We took a man with no brains out of Texas , put him in the White House and now half the country is looking for work." _________ I'd find this even funnier if the man who sent it to me was not a conservative who voted twice for Bush. I don't think he would have sent this around two years ago. Neither do I think, in years past, so many the crowd would have booed the President as as they did when he walked out to throw the first pitch at the Washington Nationals opener. The point: Our institutions are taking bad hits from everywhere. As an investor, you have to factor institutional decay into the moves you make to protect your family.

No comments: